Did my BB survive??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CKimmett

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys, I have a question about a new tank I'm setting up. It's a 30g with a fluval canister filter. I set the tank up and filled it with dechlorinated water, then added some old media from a filter from another tank to the canister to seed the bb. But I ran into some "technical difficulties" with an unstable stand an had to shut everything down and drain the tank. Ive since fixed the problem and have everything up and running again, but I'm wondering if my bb from the old media has survived as long as it stayed submerged in water in the canister? It's been about a week.

Hey guys, I have a question about a new tank I'm setting up. It's a 30g with a fluval canister filter. I set the tank up and filled it with dechlorinated water, then added some old media from a filter from another tank to the canister to seed the bb. But I ran into some "technical difficulties" with an unstable stand an had to shut everything down and drain the tank. Ive since fixed the problem and have everything up and running again, but I'm wondering if my bb from the old media has survived as long as it stayed submerged in water in the canister? It's been about a week.

If it was submerged in tank water in your canister I'd say your ok.

So it was submerged for a week in a canister? Hm, well some may have survived, it's hard to say. Bacteria need oxygen too and I"m assuming it wasn't "fed" ammonia during that time, so again there's no way to tell for sure until you start using it and give it some ammonia (through fish or otherwise) to see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom