Did you pass your road test the first time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brandon K.A

Aquarium Advice Freak
This morning I took my road test for my license. I was confident I would pass and thought of all the things I'd do when I pass... I'm usually not this confident. but after the test, I found out I failed.. The mistakes weren't very bad, but they add up... now I just feel horrible, and disappointed.. oh well... more practice.. did you guys pass your first road test?

It suks you didn't pass & good for you for jumping back on the saddle & not giving up. (y) I did the first time & it was in high school.

Yeah i passed. Do you know what caused you to fail? They dock you on the smallest of things, and your right, they certainly add up!

When I went to get my tempts I failed the written test the first time. It was really sad because they were all stupid little mistakes, but you're right they do add up. But with the driving test? No, I passed it. When you pass it the next time you take it you'll enjoy driving by yourself even more than if you would have just passed on your first time! You'll get there (y)

Thanks for the support guys. I failed due to going over the stop line, cutting infront of a car when turning left in front of an lane ( which I don't recall doing but I guess I did), forgetting one blindspot check (then I got a lecture from the instructor about how important it is... obviously I know its importance if I did the other checks). and I forgot my turn signal when going into a stall. at that point I knew I failed as I only did about half the course. We almost got in an accident, when a guy cut me off, but I braked in time. she didnt.mention that though.. oh, and also marked off I think for driving around the bike lane when turning right. apparently its okay to cross it.

I passed my first time (second attempt at taking it though, when I went the first time the car failed the pre test inspection, lol). I had only practiced driving for a couple weeks before I took it, and I was a little surprised that I passed simply because I had so little practice. No drivers Ed course - I was 20 and a friend taught me. Don't give up, just keep practicing and remember your mistakes so you don't make them again!

Being legally blind I can't drive. Ive been legally blind since birth but I didn't think I'd stop me from getting to drive. When I was 13, my dad bought me a car, it was a 1986 jaguar. If I'm lying, I'm dying, that car was a beast! But sadly we had to sell it when I found out I couldn't drive. So to answer the ops question, no I didn't pass lol.

I didn't get my license until I was 21. And in the words of the tester "technically you failed, but I'm going to pass you. Work on parallel parking."

I still can't parallel park! Lol

I was a few months shy of 21 when I got mine. And they didn't have parallel parking on the test, otherwise I wouldn't have passed! I eventually had to teach myself how to do it, though. Having like 5 minutes left to get to class and the only available parking spot being on the street is a good motivator. Got it right the first time even if it took me forever!

And tetra, that sucks! My only restriction on my license is that I have to wear glasses or contacts while driving, not that I ever don't wear them. I'm actually pretty close to legally blind myself.

I passed mine the first time even after I deafned the lady with the system...lol...to elaborate I had an electric fan ran to a toggle switch, also 2 15" kickers with a 17000 w amp to a toggle switch and fog lights to a toggle switch well I momentarily forgot which order the switches were in and instead of kicking the fan to cool the motor on when I started the car I accidentally hit thhe one for the system and of course it was turned up because I just got done setting all the levels using a bass testing disk...I thought I gave her a heartattack. True story.

MMantelli said:
I passed mine the first time even after I deafned the lady with the system...lol...to elaborate I had an electric fan ran to a toggle switch, also 2 15" kickers with a 17000 w amp to a toggle switch and fog lights to a toggle switch well I momentarily forgot which order the switches were in and instead of kicking the fan to cool the motor on when I started the car I accidentally hit thhe one for the system and of course it was turned up because I just got done setting all the levels using a bass testing disk...I thought I gave her a heartattack. True story.

Nice. I also had the stereo pretty loud when I started the car, and since it was a friends car I wasn't familiar enough with the radio to turn it off and just fumbled with it til I thought to turn the volume all the way down. I bought the car from him after I passed the test, though.

I remember my road test way back in the day
it was in a 68 VW Bug with a stick shift anyway the whole road test was less than a minute the instructor said park on a 90* hill , the test was Either you get up the hill without stalling or you fail
Needless to say I passed not to sure about the clutch though lol

I was a few months shy of 21 when I got mine. And they didn't have parallel parking on the test, otherwise I wouldn't have passed! I eventually had to teach myself how to do it, though. Having like 5 minutes left to get to class and the only available parking spot being on the street is a good motivator. Got it right the first time even if it took me forever!

And tetra, that sucks! My only restriction on my license is that I have to wear glasses or contacts while driving, not that I ever don't wear them. I'm actually pretty close to legally blind myself.

Nothing I can do about it. I've worn glasses since I was 6 months old or so. My preferial, vision on both sides is almost none. Although I do KNOW how to drive, learned in a truck on a dirt road when I was real young. that's life I guess lol.

Just one more?

Apparently I ran a red light during my test, the instructor told me to pull over but didn t say why. Then he got out of the car & took off walking. I had no idea what was going on. About 10 minutes later my mom showed up. I was only a few blocks over from the DMV but didn t realize it. Pretty strange moment when you re 16 & never been in a car by yourself .

Just one more?

Apparently I ran a red light during my test, the instructor told me to pull over but didn t say why. Then he got out of the car & took off walking. I had no idea what was going on. About 10 minutes later my mom showed up. I was only a few blocks over from the DMV but didn t realize it. Pretty strange moment when you re 16 & never been in a car by yourself .

Wow I would have reported that wth is that? Pretty sure that's illegal since you can't be behind the wheel alone without the instructor or your guardian. What a jerk the DMV instructors seem to think that they are godsend and it's quite pitiful how bitter some of them are. I passed my first time with only losing points for making a "wide left." PLENTY of people don't pass the first time so no worries.

I post-poned my lessons from a boyfriend who was even teaching me how to use a stick shift at 15 because of an accident that same time period driving with my classmates one night and the driver was showing off. We got into a head on collision on the passengers side right where I was sitting.

Worst part was we had asked him to slow down a few times! So my right hand broke, the airbag smashed my glasses into my cheeks and filled the car with a white cloud of smoke. I had PTSD from thinking I was trapped in a burning car and that my face was burned off. (Just got slammed into the airbag like a belly-flop)

Wheew! I remember hearing the song "Roxanne" by the Police in crisp detail on the radio for the entire time I was "trapped" and that song triggered me in cars for years afterwards.

Any way, all my friends got cars but I waited until I was 21 or so and a new boyfriend was nice enough to drive me to work in his big fast ford F-150 and he was very aggressive and defensive of a driver. People in the Bay Area here in California drive like A-holes. He would just control the road and avoid the drunkies and punish the peeps who caused near accidents with f-150 attacks. It was kinda fun.

When I got my test results I made a few errors (hand signal for right turn I just reached my arm in the DMV persons face LOL)

Back
Top Bottom