Discus pairing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jessiicaxrosex3

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well these two have been cleaning off a piece of drift wood non-stop for the past two days..and chasing away any fish that comes near. Now what?

2ebvmoj.jpg
oieqkj.jpg

Eggs would be the next part.....I had some laid last week only for them to be eaten boooo! Just let them get on with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I see lots of tiny $$$ swimming around soon! Hope you still have that empty tank handy:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The original two are still showing the same signs, but two other discus have randomly paired off and just laid some fresh eggs
28ur228.jpg
now what? Who knows

Is this there first lay? Iv got 2 that have paired up turns out they're 2 females and always eat the eggs! I personally wouldn't do anything yet see what happens.

I do believe that the other discus not in the photo is a male, BUT thats entirely possible as well. Just have to wait and see!

The original two are still showing the same signs, but two other discus have randomly paired off and just laid some fresh eggs now what? Who knows

Just wanted to say that's a gorgeous fish, and good luck with the eggs!

I dont believe they were fertilized, they were also eaten by morning. We have noticed a second pair as well. Only issue is the water is hard which some say makes breeding harder/impossible, but i have also heard of discus successfully breeding in hard water. We are working on setting up the pairs their own tanks.

Sometimes it will take a few tries before they get the hang of it. Mine lay all most weekly but end up eating them. One thing is that you water condition is obviously good and they must be happy so well done??

Sometimes it will take a few tries before they get the hang of it. Mine lay all most weekly but end up eating them. One thing is that you water condition is obviously good and they must be happy so well done??

Haha thank you! They have all the time in the world to practice while we prepare?

Back
Top Bottom