Diving into saltwater...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
75 is less than half price. It still works great it is currently pulling out some nasty gunk out of my 120.

that is how I had mine pointing. but I had k3's and they would blow the sand around if I pointed them down. The k3's work great in my 120 so if you are eventually going to upgrade then go with them. you just have to work a little harder on placement. what you are looking for is no dead spots and the top of the water rippled to help O2 exchange.

Shoot me your info when your ready to part ways with it. I've got paypal.

How far down do you have the power heads? 1/4 way down... 1/2 way down?

Should be ready this week. Your in Nebraska? Cornhuskers look good this year. they may be contenders.

Probably 2/3 of the way down pointed toward the top center of the front of the tank. you really must experiment. every setup is different because of LR setup.

I will also have an aquatic life 48" 2 bulb fixture for sale for around the same price if you are interested. It lit my 55 well

Kool... Ima hawkeyes fan :p BUt heard they are finally doing well this year.

Skimmer only. Im going to have my hand at building my own :)

Kool... Ima hawkeyes fan :p BUt heard they are finally doing well this year.

Skimmer only. Im going to have my hand at building my own :)

Even better. The only thing standing between you and the BCS bowl is Ohio state. you guys are UNBEATABLE at home so....

Have you bought anything yet? aquacave has the sunlight supply retrofit kit for the cheapest price I have seen (and free shipping). Coupon code - CM241 for 5% off.

GREAT!!!! you just have to look around. good sites
aquacave
marinedepot
aquariumspecialty
bulkreefsupply - This one is just down the road from me
reefspecialty
saltysupply - this guy is VERY fair
these are the ones I use. BRS is good for RO/DI stuff and reactors and media.
Check out NP Biopellets on aquariumspecialty

This would be MUCH easier if there was a chat option

Download AIM,yim,or msn. Im online all the time. Kinda helps when I work for yahoo at a datacenter lol

cool will do I'll add you as a "buddy" so I will know when you are here.

I am getting VERY excited about lights. I am currently trying to make a deal on a 120 led system for my 120. it is DIY looks like it will come in under 1000
Reef Led Lights

going to dl yim now.

awesome.. just make sure when you install it that you uncheck all the garage that comes with it. Wish they had a light version that didnt have all the junk with it.

Livestock time! Please look over what I want and tell me if its ok or not.

Yellow eye kole tang - Last fish.
pair of clowns -2nd addition
brain coral
clam - up to the top of the tank
green people eaters - coral
Anemone - for clowns if they host it. lol - what sort of anemone should I get?
Blue Daisy coral
Goby - which kinda? - First fish
Pistol shrimp
Hermit crab
Host of snails from reefcleaners once the tank is established with above or when algae starts to be present so they have food.

Also Im thinking of making a in tank fuge. Making a small box in the corner, put some LR rubble and macro algae in it... have a grid of holes in it and a powerhead to circulate water thru it.

I would not introduce an anemone into the tank until it has been up and running for 8+ months. They require strong lighting, excellent flow and near pristine water conditions.

I didn't read through your whole thread...if you haven't looked at the article section of the site do so, great information there about cycling the tank and stocking it. After the cycle I would start with the clowns not the goby.

In tank fuge, interesting idea I've always had mine as a stand alone, either in line with the drain line of the overflow or a gravity return to the display.

Back
Top Bottom