Diy wood stand, not flat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Visionist

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just put my 55g wooden stand together and the tank does not lie flat on in 2 corners. The stand was meticulously pieced together on concrete, glued first then screwed. So the stand is flat, it just must be slightly uneven due to warping of wood etc. The tank has a trim. Can I use a belt sander? Foam? What should I use

Sent from my LG G2 using Aquarium Advice mobile app.

It could be warped wood if it was just laying around for a while but if you just bought the lumber, I wood question if you "eyed" the lumber or just grabbed a bunch, threw it on the cart and went home. You say "meticulously", but does that mean you used a level and a square and was your work surface level to begin with ?

Yeah sand down the inside edges of the Seanad using a belt sander it will take a while though but it's the only thing I can think of

It could be warped wood if it was just laying around for a while but if you just bought the lumber, I wood question if you "eyed" the lumber or just grabbed a bunch, threw it on the cart and went home. You say "meticulously", but does that mean you used a level and a square and was your work surface level to begin with ?

I used a framing square to make sure the top was even and I did select the straightest wood I could find.

I think ill just shim under the plywood to raise it up in the corners. The gap is not that much so a few shims will keep it in place fine Id imagine

Back
Top Bottom