do snails get ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

monlov

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
im in the process of raising the heat to kill off an ich breakout and wanted to get the snail out before the temps got to high. i dont think they can get it (since ich means fish) but wanted to make sure before i transfered him to an all snail take. thanks

no most invertabrates are immuned to parasitesand disease, I know that the malachite green in most ICH medicines will kill invertabrates though, so will salt I beleieve

salt kills inverts like ghost shrimp? i added some salt to my tank to kill my ich and i dont think my shrimp died but i havent seen them in a day or two so maybe thats it but it does have a lot of plants so its a jungle out there :)

sorry for the interuption

They can't have ich but there is a chance that the ich eggs are attached to the snail shell. Same chance you take with plants.

Which will infect the other tank.

What type snails do you have? I did a heat/salt treatment in my 75 gallon and I have a ton of MTS they all survived as did the G Shrimp.

i just have one huge gold apple(mystery) snail. i have realy become attached to her, shes the only thing in the tank thats named. im just worried the hot water will kill her.

Back
Top Bottom