Do You Eat Fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do You Eat Fish?

• No, I do not eat any fish.

Votes: 19 23.2%
  • I eat only salt water fish.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • I eat only freshwater fish.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I eat both fresh and salt water fish

Votes: 56 68.3%
  • I eat only fish I have caught.

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
Yes, finally, a thread about eating fish! :D

As much as I love my fish, I can't help it that I'm a huge seafood person. I've eaten fish about every way you could possibly eat and prepare it (raw, seared, grilled, fried, pan-fried, baked, boiled, steamed) and I love it so much! Raw fish with some rice is best IMO, so long as it's sashimi-grade and fresh (which is why I always choose the Japanese restaurants when it's my turn where to eat). I also appreciate other seafood as well. I will eat clams, oysters, scallops, shrimp, lobster, crab, and calamari. I'm like a big human shark! :D

However, two sea creatures not meant for me.

1. Mussels. Talk about G-R-O-S-S. They're tough and not very good compared to clams.
2. Sharks. Just gross. I tried shark fin soup at a Chinese restaurant once, I hated it. Plus it seems wrong. Sharks are meant to be apex predators, not a delicacy. And you never know, karma could strike next time I go snorkeling ;)

Any fish! Caught, bought, baked, fried, grilled, roasted, or canned as long as it doesnt have a hard shell.

Just curious to see who eats fish and if people have thoughts about it.

I love just about all seafood. I always do catch and release for the fish that I catch myself (freshwater), however, some of my co-workers do deep-sea fishing and bring me fresh fish, which is amazing. I love to cook, too, so it's a win-win for me.

Most fish for consumers these days is tank-farm/farm raised. Even the areas driect form the ocean, like clam beds, are "reseeded" with clams on a regular basis to keep up the "crop." It is only when we have incidents like the Deepwater Horizon that the open commercial growing areas are in danger of a lower yield.

I happen to love seafood, shellfish especially.

I love seafood, especially sushi. I do feel a little bad for keeping some types of fish and eating others though. I don't eat much other meat because I avoid factory farmed items, so fish is also a good protein source for me.

A good way to get away from the factory farmed food is to buy from a local farmer who you know the animals had a good life, and good death. That's what my family does. :)

I LOVE sushi!!!!!! :D Any salt water fish, and a lot of fresh water I really enjoy, as long as it isn't farm-raised. :D

Just curious to see who eats fish and if people have thoughts about it.

Personally, I am very cautious about my fish choices because of sustainablility.

Personally, this is a fascinating topic. i long to be a vegetarian for moral (?) or ethical (?) reasons. I think that it is horrible to be bound to a planet where lifeforms must sustain themselves by taking the life of other lifeforms. I wish to be able to sustain myself on sunlight or something. But since I can't, I do eat occasional beef, pork, or lamb, AND I love shrimp, oysters, and crabs, and I DO eat the occasional fish such as salmon, or perch. But all in all, it is gut wrenching to me that I can't seem to become a vegetarian.:hide:

I do not like fish really. The only fish I have ever liked was smoked salmon but after three or four pieces, it wasn't that good. But don't get me wrong I know there are some fish if cooked properly should taste amazing. The only thing is, I am a picky eater. Fishing is also and awesome and a fun experience. Just the whole idea of feeling something on the other end and not really knowing what's it is. So much fun.

32 inches I forget how much it weighed. A little beaten from running up river.

Attachments

• image-3765034113.jpg
    image-3765034113.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 66
I eat anything that swims! I've had pretty much any fish or shellfish I could get my hands on. Sustainability is a valid concern, but I'll try everything at least once. I have no concerns with morality though. Humans are omnivores and fish are fair game.

I've even had a blue/green colored parrotfish once(local chinese food store had some, couldn't resist).

--Adeeb

Last edited:
I eat fish. I dont see why people could not eat a 2ft tuna because it reminds them of there yellow watchman goby. Lol, I won't, however, eat inverts that are endangered and belong out in a reef like urchins and sharks. I like shrimp, muscles(yum), fish, and lobster. Not a big crab guy. Ironically I hate the fishy smell and won't eat seafood that has it.

I like sushi, but nothing crazy--usually tuna as the fish, with crab/lobster. I like tilapia, flounder, white fish and have been known to eat a trout, catfish, or bass every once in a while.

I have no issue with fishing, eating fish and keeping fish. Pet fish and eatin' fish are kinda different. :)

i am a vegetarian that doesn't eat fish, only because i feel way to bad for the fish or other animal.

I do not like fish really. The only fish I have ever liked was smoked salmon but after three or four pieces, it wasn't that good. But don't get me wrong I know there are some fish if cooked properly should taste amazing. The only thing is, I am a picky eater. Fishing is also and awesome and a fun experience. Just the whole idea of feeling something on the other end and not really knowing what's it is. So much fun.

32 inches I forget how much it weighed. A little beaten from running up river.

Wow thats huge! I caught me a 6.3lb largemouth down at our pond last year!

KonvictKeeper said:
Wow thats huge! I caught me a 6.3lb largemouth down at our pond last year!

That's awesome! We got the ausable river running through my town and get all sorts amid great fish. To be honest the only thing really in the river that j haven't got is a large mouth which I'm really jealous about! In the river though I've pulled out 3 pike, 4 smallmouth, 4 or 5 catfish, lots of rockbass and suckers. 2 walleye or pickerel depending on what you call it.

I would never eat a companion animal such as a cat or dog, for me this also includes horses and rabbits. Ever since having a rabbit as a pet I will not eat them. I also have a problem with people hunting predators. I guess you could call me a flexitarian.

I LOVE FISH! lol, I wouldnt eat aquarium fish though. Theres not much meat on 'em

Back
Top Bottom