Do you have zebra danios + amano shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sobersteve323

Aquarium Advice Freak
Looking for feedback from those that have had amano shrimp with zebra danios.

Will the danios pester the amanos to death? My danios don't school near the surface like some others have with their tanks and they are literally all over the place. I know the amanos are too big for them to actually swallow whole, more concerned with nipping them to death.

My amanos are good at evading the angel fish in my community tank (they even stand their ground!), but the danios are much faster lol. The danios are currently in their own tank but I've been trying to rehome them because I want to break it down.

I suppose I could toss a few ghost shrimp in their tank and see what happens but I'd rather not.

Thanks! :)

My Z.danios are too energetic to bothered with slow Amano Shrimp ... Plus their size offers them protection from just about every shrimp in my tank.

Yep, they're all between 1 to 1.5 inches. You could ... As mentioned ... Try ghost shrimp first. If they are left alone, Amano's which tend to be bigger should also.

Thanks ill give it a shot and put them back in once my rescape grows in a bit. Give the Amanos a little few more hiding spots just in case lol.

Yep ... Come to think of it, one of my Amano's is nearly at the 2inch mark.
Still in my tank they mostly only come out at night.

Yep ... Come to think of it, one of my Amano's is nearly at the 2inch mark.
Still in my tank they mostly only come out at night.

Lol mine all dug a burrow under a piece of driftwood and sit there most of lights on. Thought they might come out more once they were bigger guess not! At least I can see them sorta from the side of the tank lol

Back
Top Bottom