Do you run your heater year round?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Criptix

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi~
I have a Blue Crowntail Betta. It is in a 2.5 gallon tank.The heater has been great at keeping the tank in the 78-82 range but now that it is summer I was thinking of turning it off. I am not worried about keeping the temp steady.What I am worried about is storing it and have it work when I need it.
My question is: should I go ahead and take it out or turn it off and keep it in the tank in case of a drop in temp?
:fish1:

Hi~
I have a Blue Crowntail Betta. It is in a 2.5 gallon tank.The heater has been great at keeping the tank in the 78-82 range but now that it is summer I was thinking of turning it off. I am not worried about keeping the temp steady.What I am worried about is storing it and have it work when I need it.
My question is: should I go ahead and take it out or turn it off and keep it in the tank in case of a drop in temp?
:fish1:

I short yes I do. I just leave it at the temp I want it and if it needs to it will kick in. I actually have 2 heaters in my 75 gallon. Summer time I notice the tank tends to run a little hot but that doesn't change the heater settings its just HOT outside lol.

Funny I should read this today. I just took all of my heaters out of my tanks for the summer. In SW Florida, there's no need to keep them in.

David

I do like Convict and leave them in year round. If you decide to turn it off personally I'd just leave it in the tank and keep it unplugged. Then it's there and ready if you need it.

Thanks everyoe!I think I will keep an eye on it and turn it off as needed.

testing 1 23

This is my Gilbert:

Attachments

• gilbert.jpg
    gilbert.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 52
Back
Top Bottom