Do you still eat fish or shrimp, lol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you still eat fish or shrimp

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes and no/ sometimes/ depends

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

unknown_7

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was just curious. I thought it would make for an interesting and fun poll. I was eating fish (not my aquarium fish, lol) and then I sat by my computer and started looking at my tank, and felt sort of like I was being a traitor, lol. I am sorta of disgusted by eating shrimp since I started keeping ghost shrimp, cause everytime I see it, I remember my shrimp, and I think eating ghost shrimp would be nasty.

What are your opinions?

If we aren't supposed to eat fish and shrimp, then why do they taste so good?

Just because I like keeping fish doesn't mean I'm going to pass up on some good fried catfish or crappie (southern boy at heart).

(I voted yes if you can' tell :wink: )

Ill eat some kinds of fish depending on how its prepared. I like sushi, and a good grilled mahi mahi mmmmm :)

I have never been a fan of shrimp so i tend to not eat them.

-Pleco

I've thought the same thing sometimes, but then we eat some small mammals i.e. pigs and sheep and keep other small mammals as pets i.e. cats and dogs. Also lots of people eat rabbit and lots of people keep rabbits as pets. Keeping animals or fish as pets is stranger than eating them in some ways...

JRagg said:
Just because I like keeping fish doesn't mean I'm going to pass up on some good fried catfish or crappie (southern boy at heart).

(I voted yes if you can' tell :wink: )

Does fried catfish really taste that good? I have never eaten it, but I just remember hearing it mentioned in a rap music video ("Southern Hospitality," so I guess its a Southern thing, lol).

fish eat fish. we're animals too. although i guess one of the differences is that fish don't keep pets.

fried catfish tastes ok. im not sure if it's totaly a southern thing, i grew up in ohio and we would have it once in a while.

defintly. I love shrimp, it is one meal that i cannot turn down. If it has shrimp in it, I will eat it everytime.

Fish OTOH, it depends. I have never liked too many kinds of fish, but TGI Friday's recently came out with an entree called the Tortilla Crusted Talapia, and it is really good. (I work for the company)

Crappie is definitely a southern thing. I grew up fishing in Mississippi, and we pretty much just caught crappie and catfish. I'd still say that fried catfish is more southern than northern.

And to the question of if catfish was good or not. I love it (as long as it isn't the cheap store bought stuff where they decide to turn it inside out and leave the skin on). I like crappie better, but you'll have a hard time finding crappie in a restuaraunt or in a store.

I haven't met a fish I didn't enjoy consuming (crawfish is not a fish and does not count). I also like shrimp, lobster, and crab!

growing up on the atlantic, we pretty much survived on fresh seafood. i wouldn't give it up for the world. my favorite thing is the infinite ways you can prepare it. other meats, i feel, have limitations to their uses while seafood crosses different styles of preparation with ease.

fried catfish is always good, thats for sure, so is crappie, but i never see that in the store either. and dont leave out walleye, that is one of the best freshwater fish you can eat.

J-D said:
Also lots of people eat rabbit and lots of people keep rabbits as pets.

rabbit? maybe in the colonial days, ive never been offered rabbit, nor have thought, hmm mr. cottontail hopping around in the yard sounds good for dinner tonight

but some places in china eat dogs as a speciality, and dojo loaches are actually raised for food in asia, and people in france eat escargot, i dunno if they are our aquatic snails but, just the same

i dont care for fish, but when i was on a cruise i ate sushi, and later salmon. i dont think fish taste mmm, good really, its kinda of tasteless and incredibly easy to tear (tender).

i love shrimp, but i cant help but think if ocean shrimp are really transparent like ghost shrimp, then turn white when they die... like aquarium shrimp, kinda gross

lobster and crab is good...

I grew up on Long Island where I ate tons of fish, and also upstate NY where our version of crappie was probably freshwater perch. NOt much meat but GOOOOOOD EATIN when done right! (I am having shrimp stir fry tonight, by the way and I just finished crabmeat-stuffed tilapia fer lunch...)

Crappie (Pomoxis) is sometimes called the white perch.

Rabbit is served in many finer dining establishments. It has a very rich flavor and is very tender meat. I haven't had it in years, but I can attest to its palatability.

I love fish and shrimp! The hardest part is trying to get a good fillet off of a guppy and you do tend to need a lot of ghost shrimp to make a meal :)

I voted no, but really I guess my vote doesn't count. I don't eat fish or shrimp and never have (except when I was little i guess). I don't like the way it tastes and I don't like the idea of eating something that looks like an animal (shrimp!). If a steak looked like a cow, I wouldn't eat it...lol. I'm strange I guess. I'm a Southerner and I know most people down here love catfish, bass, and other fish....but its all gross to me! I do eat other animals though, cow, pig, and chicken. :) I tell my mom that I like my fish in a tank and not on a plate!

If it swims and I catch it I will eat it. Love shrimp, crayfish, crab, squid, octopus, razor clams, butter clams, smoked baby oysters and clams. Have had rabbit, goat, horse, snake, fried worms, chocolate covered ants (yes they were real ants, roasted and dipped in semisweet chocolate chips.) Sea Cucumber, shark (dogfish), ate and raised pigs on a farm. Don't have a problem with eating pretty much anything if it was specifically raised for food. Although I can't stand the taste of farm raised prawns and shrimp and I won't eat farm raised salmon or trout for the same reason.

i ate 2 beautiful pieces of cod less than 2 feet away from my tank earlier tonight. they where marvelously fleshy and tasty. red rudolph my betta was looking at me in his usual grumpy fashion but he looks at me like that whatever i do.
dogs get eaten in some places, if i was there, i'd try that.

top of the food chain, i'll try almost anything once.

Back
Top Bottom