does anybody own two red-tail sharks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

academyy_xx

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought two red-tail sharks over two weeks ago, (don't give me the lecture, the girl at the store failed to mention that one becomes very dominant) but I am wondering how your experience was. Mine so far haven't killed each other but I am.starting to notice that the bigger one has been nipped. I also have a green tiger barbs and a black banded leporinus in the tank so I'm not sure if it could be one of them that's doing the nipping.

Do you know how they lasted together? Mine are just over 2 inches from head to tail.

How yours or mine lasted together? mine were juvies in a 55gallon. The one left is boss of the tank. He's in with 5 black skirts, a pictus catfish, a sengal bichir, a cae and a sae. Each fish has their own personality though

I did that when I first started out with my girlfriends tank and honestly I've had no problems. It's been nine months with no problems

abrinn23 said:
I did that when I first started out with my girlfriends tank and honestly I've had no problems. It's been nine months with no problems

Thats good to hear! I hope mine do okay too

I have 1 redtail shark and 2 rainbow sharks and the three of them chase each other around. No nipping had them for months.

I only have a 20 gallon now but I will be getting a 75 gallon by next year.

TommyP said:
I have 1 redtail shark and 2 rainbow sharks and the three of them chase each other around. No nipping had them for months.

I think the male one is the one that does the nipping but i also have a black banded leporinus that could be nipping my shark.

Being able to keep two juvenile fish in the same tank for a number of months isn't a huge achievement. 2 inches is still a very young fish. I wouldn't risk it after seeing how my 4.5-5inch rts stands up to Africans larger than him and wins.

Back
Top Bottom