Does anyone use Yahoo! Answers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodlucky

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anyone knowledgable on the fish section of that site use this site? There are very little people on Yahoo who know what they're talking about

I contribute to Yahoo a lot more than here because there are so many idiots on that site who need the most basic of help for keeping fish

I saw on yahoo once someone recommended 5 clown loaches plus many other fish to be put in a 29 gallon. I gave up on Y! After that

Does anyone knowledgable on the fish section of that site use this site? There are very little people on Yahoo who know what they're talking about

I contribute to Yahoo a lot more than here because there are so many idiots on that site who need the most basic of help for keeping fish
I tend to stay away from Yahoo answers since most of the advice is garbage. Not everyone is an idiot on there but if I need answers, I go to specific forum that can handle my inquiries.

Too many kids asking stupid questions on Yahoo answers for me to waste my time.

I used to but get so flustered with people on there. When I lost my password and couldn't reset it I gave up.

I feel bad for people on there because they really are trying to get good answers and so few people give proper ones.

I only use it to share the knowledge I've learned here in AA. I look at it as 'giving back' to society.. Haha

There are legitimate questions and people really needing some good advice. It just irks me that there's way too many trolls and bad advice out there.

I haven't been on there for a while though. Too many betta in a 1 gallon bowl/cube questions that annoy the heck out of me. Because no matter how much i advocate for the betta to get a 5g minimum with filter and heater, there's always those that say they keep them in those 1g's without problem. It's an uphill battle sometimes.. Sorry for the long rant. :)

I only use it to share the knowledge I've learned here in AA. I look at it as 'giving back' to society.. Haha

There are legitimate questions and people really needing some good advice. It just irks me that there's way too many trolls and bad advice out there.

I haven't been on there for a while though. Too many betta in a 1 gallon bowl/cube questions that annoy the heck out of me. Because no matter how much i advocate for the betta to get a 5g minimum with filter and heater, there's always those that say they keep them in those 1g's without problem. It's an uphill battle sometimes.. Sorry for the long rant. :)

YES! And goldfish. Frick the poor goldfish. I can't count how many times I've read. "I kept mine in a bowl and he lived for a long time. Like 3 years" or similar.

tamtam said:
YES! And goldfish. Frick the poor goldfish. I can't count how many times I've read. "I kept mine in a bowl and he lived for a long time. Like 3 years" or similar.

I will be honest here. When I was growing up. We did keep a goldfish in a 5 gallon(I think) bowl. It lived for 9 years. ***yes I know it's not right****

I think a lot of us had those goldfish/bettas in bowls at one point in our lives but atleast most people know better now! I have a friend who has a goldfish in maybe a 5 gallon tank at most and she acted like she knew everything there was to know about goldfish...she even told me you cant keep more than one goldfish together in the same tank or they will kill each other :/ I just sadly said...yaaaaa because I knew it was a lost cause to try and say anything else...

The most irritating thing is when you give the right answer and some idiot gives the wrong answer, then the wrong answer is chosen best (meaning that the asker took the wrong advice)

Back
Top Bottom