Does Congo Tetra eats Riccia Fluitans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Orca2013

Aquarium Advice Regular
So, Does Congo Tetra eats Riccia Fluitans? I heard it does.

So, Does Congo Tetra eats Riccia Fluitans? I heard it does.

Congo Tetras are omnivores so if there are live plants in the tank, they can get nibbled on. If you want Tetras that don't eat plants, you will find it a hard search. Best would be to get varieties with very small mouths and have plants that have thick leaves. Feeding any Tetra with a vegetable based food ( like spirulina algae) may help keep the fish from nibbling on your plants but there are no guarantees.

I would actualy like Congo Tetras to eat Riccia Fluitans, it gives me lots of headache.

This is my aquarium. Are they gonna eat thees plants?

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 9
This is my aquarium. Are they gonna eat thees plants?

They all look delicious to me. ;) ;)
The point is that Omnivores ( which these Tetras are) are not usually particular as to which greenery they eat. The eat plants ( rooted or algae or floating etc.) as much as they eat meat ( insects, fish flesh, worms, etc). If you do not want all your plants nibbled on, Tetras are not the right fish for your tank. That said, Tetras of smaller sizes ( i.e. Glo-lites, Neons, cardinals, etc) with smaller mouths will do much less damage to a plant than something like the Congos which get to 2 1/2" - 3" with bigger mouths. I'm unaware of any fish that only eats one kind of plant. :nono:

Back
Top Bottom