does marineland bacteria

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buffalochip

Aquarium Advice Regular
i am cycling a new tank with fish (my first newby mistake) and it is not going too rapidly. I have seen pouches of marineland bacteria for sale and wondered who has tried this and does it help??

i am cycling a new tank with fish (my first newby mistake) and it is not going too rapidly. I have seen pouches of marineland bacteria for sale and wondered who has tried this and does it help??

What are the pouches? Are they freshwater or marine? It sounds like a product called bio-spira, which is the only bacteria product I'll personally recommend. That said, I think the freshwater version is no longer available so it's either the marine version or it's probably expired.

What are the pouches? Are they freshwater or marine? It sounds like a product called bio-spira, which is the only bacteria product I'll personally recommend. That said, I think the freshwater version is no longer available so it's either the marine version or it's probably expired.

Either way don't expect much from bacteria supplements. They are a chance, they don't anyways work.

Either way..

If you don't have one get a liquid test kit. You can accurately test your water at home and will last a long time. After 11 months mine still has plenty of uses and I have quite a few tanks.

Daily water changes will likely be necessary to maintain safe water quality.

Caleb

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom