Does my fish have ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nsmall809

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone :)

(Freshwater tank/temprate fish)

Does this look like ich or epistylis?

Should I quarantine her, or treat for my whole tank to be safe?

And what is the best most effective treatment please?

Never dealt with it before.

:(:confused::ermm:

Thankyou

Attachments

• 20220707_200911.jpg
    20220707_200911.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 20220707_200857.jpg
    20220707_200857.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 20220707_200909.jpg
    20220707_200909.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 22
  • 20220707_200848.jpg
    20220707_200848.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 18
The best ways to tell the difference are:

White spot/Ich usually appears as white dots no larger than a grain of salt. Epistylis will grow up slightly into the water column from the fish.
Epistylis is often clustered. White spot tends to be spread fairly evenly across the body.
Epistylis regularly affects the eyes of the fish. White spot rarely does.
Epistylis often appears to be very white, Fungal/bacterial infections tend to be more grey in colour and sometimes brown/gold.

Looks like ich on yours. Treat whole tank as ich lives in the gravel. Use ich medication and follow directions

Looks like ich, I treat the whe tank and I use the heat method instead of meds. Gradually building the heat up to 28, increase aeration lots of pwc including gravel vac,keep the heat up a week after last spot.

Looks like ich, I treat the whe tank and I use the heat method instead of meds. Gradually building the heat up to 28, increase aeration lots of pwc including gravel vac,keep the heat up a week after last spot.

Definitely looks like Ick. I usually use a medication and the heat method at the same time. But the heat method definitely will work if you don’t have medication. But I will say I probably haven’t had a case of ick in many many years for some crazy reason.

Roger

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone :)

(Freshwater tank/temprate fish)

Does this look like ich or epistylis?

Should I quarantine her, or treat for my whole tank to be safe?

And what is the best most effective treatment please?

Never dealt with it before.

:(:confused::ermm:

Thankyou
Hi it looks like ich but you would be best advised to treat it as such just to make sure do the whole tank you dont need to seperate them and it will not hurt your other fish well i hope they are ok and heal soon cheers Peartree

Back
Top Bottom