Does this filter setup look correct?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Drzy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hiya. :D

I purchased a tank/setup from a coworker who had used this as a saltwater tank, he gave me everything he had used. Supposedly what I have is enough to get me started, or in other words, I have everything he had.

But what I don't have is instructions. The filter is a Fluval 303... I've attached some pictures. Does this setup look correct? Also, in the 5th picture is a yellow thing that kind of looks like a bong. Does anyone know what it is?

Attachments

• tank1_159.jpg
    tank1_159.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 43
  • tank2_170.jpg
    tank2_170.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 31
  • tank3_636.jpg
    tank3_636.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 34
More pictures...

Attachments

• tank4_873.jpg
    tank4_873.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 29
  • tank5_168.jpg
    tank5_168.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 20
  • tank5_169.jpg
    tank5_169.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 27
Also, in the 5th picture is a yellow thing that kind of looks like a bong. Does anyone know what it is?
Yes place your lips around the clear tube and poor the beer in the yellow part! :twisted:

Actually, me thinks it is a siphon type vacuum. You use it to clean nasties from the tank and to do water changes.

HTH,

-E

The BONG looks like a gravel filter which you will not really need if you set up the SW tank with a sand bed.
Do you have enough for a SW tank IMO No. You need live rock a sand bed a skimmer and the list goes on. For a fewsh water tank your good to go SW no.
Do lots of reading before you jump into the hobby, SW is not cheap and cutting corners is only going to cost you more in the long run.

Well it looks like your fish will have cable TV and internet! :lol:

Attachments

• t_tank4_873.jpg
    t_tank4_873.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 145
  • tank4_168.jpg
    tank4_168.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 23
Back
Top Bottom