Does this guy seem good to give my fish to?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shadylady23

Aquarium Advice Activist
Okay, so I posted my fish on craigslist. If you don't remember they're 2 8.5 inch tin foil barbs and 2 ID Sharks that I'm getting rid of. This is a reply I got from someone today. Does he seem worthy and will my fish go good with his fish? I don't know anything so that's why I'm asking you. :)

Thanks!

This is what he wrote to me:

I have a 330 ciclid and a 220 african gallon tanks and my 300 has 2 pleco and 3 pacu along with one tiger oscar.sorry no pics but I will be traveling west of worcester today or tomorrow to pick up a catfish and could give your fish a great home in my tank,if interested please get back to me because Iwould like only to make one trip,Ihave allthe supplies needed to transport them safely and healthfully.Thanks Mark xXXX

to be quite honest i would never give my fish to anyone if i had not seen the aquarium/s they were going to be re-homed in,and by saying that i mean going and seeing for myself the type of aquarium/s they are destined for,

in the same way we would neva put our parents in a nursing home or our dogs, in kennels without going to see the conditions they will live in,

thats the only way you will have peace of mind,
if you cant go and see for yourself then i personally would not take pics or photo's as evidence that my pets were gonna be fine,

obviously u feel un-easy about the situation cos u posted and asked for advice or opinions , i suggest u go to your LFS and ask them to take your fish off your hands, that way u will have peace of mind,and for wotever amount of time they are in the LFS u will be able to see them if you so desire, however it is only a matter of time before the LFS will sell them on,

in which case neither youself or the LFS will no the conditions they are going to,unless the LFS knows the purchaser in person,

only way u can no for definate if your fish are going to a good home is like i said go and see for yourself,

the bottom line is
the tanks MARK as described are okay for your stock/fish
i could not possibly say if MARK IS WORTHY OR NOT
WELL ALL THE BEST HOPE THINGS GO WELL

Well which would your fish be going in? the sharks wont go in either and as for the barbs... I dont think they are good in either anyways. He has 3(red belly pacus?) and an oscar in the same tank .... Now the plecos and pacus are fine however the oscar will kill the pacus once it gets big. I would demand pictures at the very least but this guys tanks are not the right choice for your fish I dont believe.

Oscars in with anything other than oscars are not good! What kind of cichlids does he have because you cannot put id sharks or barbs in with most cichlids. Rams and a few others but. Yea these tanks the guy is describing are not good homes for your fish!! Keep looking! Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom