Does this seem right?! Bubble counter video, do I have a major leak?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cerges reactor 20". I am pretty sure diffusion is near perfect because the only bubbles in my tank comes from plants pearling.

I been thinking the surface agitation is part of it. So I am doing some testing with different angles with my spray bar.

I can reach my goal of 1 point pH drop but this is the amount of bubbles required.

It doesn't make sense that there would be a leak after the bubble counter because there is no real restrictions at that point.

Hey!!what kind of tubing are you using? Wouldn't be the elastic silicone tubing?? I'm having issues with a newly installed reactor. No saturation in the tank..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

CO2 permeability (cc.mm/cm2.sec.mmHg) x 10^-10) (lower number = better)

FEP @5.9
PTFE @ 6.8
PVC @ 6.8
Nylon @ 20
Viton @ 79
Polypropylene @ 90
Tygon Fuel @ 100
Polyethylene @ 280
Tygon Lab @ 360
Vinyl @ 360
Polyurethane (clear and aqua-tint) @ 395
Norprene @ 1200
Gum Rubber @ 1311
Tygon Pressure @ 2700
Tygon Ultra-chem resistant @ 4840
Silicone @ 20,132

The fluval tubing is PVC, so one of the best ones.

We're using the worst huh?? I use aquatek on 2 of my tanks with no issue. This is what I get for being lazy..

Its the worse BUT that doesn't mean its the real problem. At the pressures we use very very co2 if any would escape through the silicone tubing.

On a side note, after the water change this morning I readjusted my spray bar to.make ever less of an angle and more horizontal (less surface agitation). My pH read in at 7.5 this morning and I am down to 6.3. From the original angle to where I am now I was able to drop the pH .4 in total over 2 adjustments to increase co2 saturation. Surface agitation really does play a big role.

It's a problem for me.. assuming the reactor I bought isn't leaking.. surface agitation plays a big role for sure.

.6 pH drop is very different than the 1 point drop I am looking for. Your co2 saturation while it might be consistent is not ideal.

I used to have lights running for 8hrs in split periods (with co2 coming on before hand for an hour extra). I've dropped that lighting down to 7.5 then 7 now. Seriously considering going 6 as the plant growth is just getting annoying now (I never ever thought I would say that).

It's what I'm a bit stuck on for your thread. Looking at it maybe saturation means different things for different people?

In theory off the ph / co2 / kh chart I'm getting a co2 of 20 to 30ppm when the ph controller shuts off.

The last e-mail reminded me of a potential issue. What is your carbonate hardness? If KH is high you'll need a lot more CO2 to reach any given pH.

The last e-mail reminded me of a potential issue. What is your carbonate hardness? If KH is high you'll need a lot more CO2 to reach any given pH.

That's what I'm kind of confused on.i did a fair bit of reading on the chart and know it's not accurate but I just go off the chart and assume +/- 10 ppm to true co2 reading?

Back
Top Bottom