Dog will not stop looking at fishtank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

along

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have had this tank in the same location for 6 months now. I recently acquired panda garras in my 55 gallon baseball diamond shaped tank. I have two couches that are touching the tank. After I had put the new fish in, I joked with my dog pointing at the fishtank. He went nuts. Now all my cocker spaniel does is press his nose against the glass. He does this every single moment he can and will not listen. He would rather stare at the fishtank then eat bacon. I don't know what to do. I cannot move the fishtank. (It is way too heavy for me) I have put a blanket over the fish tank's front. He figured out he could stick his head under the blanket. Now I have bungeed-tied the entire tank. He gets under the blanket and the bungee cords. Its not even the panda garras now. Its all the fish. He bites at the glass. Its a sturdy tank. There is absolutely no way he can tip it. Also, he usually listens to me and obeys my commands. He will not now. I am worried about the fish and my dog. Any suggestions?

I had a cocker spaniel in love with my blenny, Lenny. He would dance in front of the tank for her.

No sure how to break that focus.

maybe add a scat mat in the front? They use them for cats to keep away from christmas trees and stuff. or what about a fireplace guard thing??

and this is pretty cute (even though frustrating, I'm sure!) Post a pic!

Put powdered black pepper all over the blanket around the tank just be careful not to get it in water. It will train him that going near the tank make him sneeze and he will stop.

Squirt guns can work wonders lol, but maybe work on reinforcing his training away from the tank, provide some sort of distraction like toys/treats (whatever he can't resist) and praise when he does leave the tank alone. Obsessive behavior is something you wanna nip in the bud asap or it'll just get worse :/

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I was thinking Squirting guns too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1486729761981.jpg
    1486729761981.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 144
My cat kept jumping wanting to look at the fish so I made it easier for her. And if she ever figures out a way to jump into the tank, I think it would be a good lesson for her.

My cat kept jumping wanting to look at the fish so I made it easier for her. And if she ever figures out a way to jump into the tank, I think it would be a good lesson for her.

lol! :fish2:

Picture of my dog

Here is a picture of Ashton and the fish tank.

Attachments

• IMG_2291.jpg
    IMG_2291.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 95
Back
Top Bottom