Dogface puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jacobsal91

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What is a good size tank for a small (2'-3') dogface puffer? I understand they get massive. But someone at my job offered it to me and
I may or may not want it. I would put it in its own tank NOT in my nano reef clearly.. Lol

Get as big of a tank as possible. 100g is good for one of these guys. Hopefully your friend's dogface is not already stunted. Do you know why its being offered to you?

It belongs to the store i work at. He had ich and was staying in a isolation tank and he made a full recovery and my supervisor doesnt think anyone is going to buy it. Hes $80 which i think is very reasonable. So he made a full recovery and is all better but we dont really have room for him in the sale tanks. He will hurt what we have in there currently so my supervisor just asked if i wanted it. But i need a proper tank for it and 100gal is not happening in this house haha oh well i guess

You would need a strong filter to keep up with all the waste your puffer will produce.

Terrance said:
Wow $80 is a lot IMO. In my area, they are only ~$30.

Yeah idk i live in kind of a rich neighborhood. Doesnt mean im wealthy at all in the slightest but either way it would be free for me

Back
Top Bottom