Dosing a 12gal with iodine?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Allisonzim28

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm unfamiliar with using iodine/iodide in a nano reef tank, however I really am interested in a cleaner shrimp. My tank is lightly stocked with soft coral. What's your opinion? Skip or should i be okay?

SG - 1.023
Temp - 76*
2 OC clownfish
1 watchman goby

image-823804849.jpg

My coral are fairly closed up but to the right is a green torch.

image-697387391.jpg
This is a close up of my coral on the left side of the tank. You can't see it in the previous picture because its closed and blends with the LR

If you do regualr water changes you wont have to dose anything. :)

And to add to that, if you want to dose anything, get a test kit for what you want to dose. never go blind. :)

Really? The gentlemen at the LFS informed me I'd need it for the fire shrimp I wanted to sustain their hard exteriors. And right now I do 20% WC bi-weekly and my parameters have been good. Is that sufficient for no dosing?

Your salt mix should contain all the needed elements such as idodine as well as like 80 other additives. :) I've kept plenty of shrimp and have never dosed idodine. When you change your water you are infusing the tank with those needed elements as they are depleted.

Yea in a tank that small you shouldn't have to dose often or at all. I have a small 8 gallon that's been set up for almost 2 years. I rarely dose anything. Just make sure your buying a reef salt and regular water changes will take care of everything.

Back
Top Bottom