Doug's 250, now 300, in wall build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The LED's are working great. I couldn't be happier with them.
I did order a tank from glass cages to replace the 265. I'll fix it and sell it after the switch is over.
Everything is responding well to the lighting, except the new anemones. While they are showing signs of improvement, they are shielding themselves almost fully from direct light.

mr_X said:
The LED's are working great. I couldn't be happier with them.
I did order a tank from glass cages to replace the 265. I'll fix it and sell it after the switch is over.
Everything is responding well to the lighting, except the new anemones. While they are showing signs of improvement, they are shielding themselves almost fully from direct light.

Which LEDs did u get?

Go back in this thread bunch of pages. You will find led lights he ordered.

3 would be plenty for a 6' tank. I'm currently using 3 over a 7' tank and It's been fine. I did purchase a 4th for the 8' tank that's on it's way.

Glass Cages called me today and told me the tank would be ready for pick up in Allentown, Pa. at 3:30pm on Saturday. It's much later than I expected, and is going to alter my plans a bit. I think I'm going to have my "tank swapping" party on Sunday.
It's going to take more than a couple hours and some of the people coming to help are coming from over an hour away.

mr_X said:
3 would be plenty for a 6' tank. I'm currently using 3 over a 7' tank and It's been fine. I did purchase a 4th for the 8' tank that's on it's way.

Glass Cages called me today and told me the tank would be ready for pick up in Allentown, Pa. at 3:30pm on Saturday. It's much later than I expected, and is going to alter my plans a bit. I think I'm going to have my "tank swapping" party on Sunday.
It's going to take more than a couple hours and some of the people coming to help are coming from over an hour away.

I assume you are supplying the adult beverages for the gang,......congrats on the new tank,..always an exciting time !!

Adult Beverages???? What time should I be there. Oh wait, that may be a bit of a drive from Atlanta. LOL

Mr. X, if you get a minute, can you shoot me the info on the LED set up you bought? I am getting ready to do a 6' 125 build on the cheap. I doubt I can swing LED from the start but you never no right? :) Only if you have nothing better to do though. No rush cause it will be a while before I get this build going good.

doug how are you goign to do the swap, are you goign to use the water thats already in the system and just top off with new water or are you going to dump some and top up?

eitehr way good luck with the movewith the limestone rubble under the sand its goign to be a chore to move it all

I'm not bringing the limestone along. The deep sand bed was simply to bring the bottom of the tank closer to the top so I could reach it. This new tank is 6" shallower.
I'll probably just use a piece of eggcrate over a rubbermaid tub and separate it that way.
I'll keep what water I can, but I'll have a hundred or so gallons of freshly made salt water as well.

i didn't think you'd keep the limestonebut i'm sure the sand will still be around 4" or so in depth but at the same time i don't remember how much you placed in there and hoe much limestone you put

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom