Driftwood floating!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ch-b

Aquarium Advice Activist
I did setup my new tank from 1 week ago and the problem i have a big driftwood floating in my tank what should i do it would get down on it own?

so if i didn't tie it and let it flow it wont get down on it's own?

so if i didn't tie it and let it flow it wont get down on it's own?
it should sink eventually, than again it may not.. You can use suction cups and fishing line or zip ties to manipulate it's location too..

If you have a proper place for it, you could always water log the wood outside of the tank and add it later. That is what I do with mine because it bothers me to see it floating around in the tank. I put my driftwood in a bucket of water and with it down with rocks to make it log faster.. Or at least it feels like it logs faster that way. Change water daily as well so the tannins from the wood leech out as well. :)

Yep, soak it in another container until it becomes water logged. I've got a piece soaking at the moment, had it in there for 3 days and it is slowly going down.

Just drill a hole in the bottom of it, flip it upside down in the tank, when bubbles stop coming out, it won't float.

Back
Top Bottom