Driftwood?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
How should I treat it for my tank and waterlog it? I need the quickest way possible.

The quickest way to disinfect I'd to boil it but that won't make it sink the best way that I know to make it waterlogged is time it just has to soak for long periods of time sometimes months but there is always the option of tying it down to some type of rock/slate and burying the rock/slate in the substrate to hold it down for the time being but I would say just let it soak to get the tannins out of the wood so that it won't discolor the water although sometimes it can take a really long time to release. I know there are people on here with a little more experience though so I am sure they will chime in.

I'm pretty sure it's Malaysian driftwood. It isn't two toned, just a reddish color. It's definitely not mopani or mazanita.

I attached my driftwood to flower pot bottoms and let my gravel weigh it down. Simple and very inexpensive.

mohican said:
I attached my driftwood to flower pot bottoms and let my gravel weigh it down. Simple and very inexpensive.

I'll see if I've got a new ones laying around
Great suggestion!
Can't wait for my sand
Tanks current gravel is ugly and the cories aren't as happy

Here's the plan-
20 minute boil
Run thru the dishwasher without soap
Soak overnight
Is this a good plan?

Back
Top Bottom