DRIFTWOOD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sofia

Aquarium Advice Regular
If I medicate my tank that has a real piece of driftwood in it. The medicine will not soak into the driftwood right? & still be there even when I do water change and the carbon removes the medicine from the water? lol kind of stupid question but I want to make sure.

I'm not sure on this, but I would think any absorption would be minute.... is it necessary to medicate the whole tank? Or is it possible to temporarily remove the driftwood while you're medicating?

Just thought I'd throw some ideas out there. :)

I have had medicines stain rocks and sealant, so I would believe it would get into the driftwood. However, it would be minimal. Sofia, do you have a QT tank, or is the whole tank infested and with what?

What if I let the driftwood dry and then sink it again? What that get rid of the medicine in it? I allready treated the whole tank with the medicine & the driftwood....so its too late...iam going to have something living in the tank who is sensitive to the medicine that's why iam worried about the driftwood.

Pull out the driftwood and soak it in FW in a rubbermaid tub for a week and change the water daily.
What med did you use?

you don't need to worry about the driftwood unless you use copper on your tank, anything else won't last very long with carbon int he filter even if some soaked into the wood.

Back
Top Bottom