drilling a tank with fish in it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redneckgearhead

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone quick question, I want to drill my 75 gallon to plumb in the return lines so I dont have the white tubing going over the top of the tank. Can I do this and leave the fish in the tank? I mean I know I would have to drain the water below the level i want to drill. Is this possible anyone done this? Any advice? If not I will just paint the tubing black and live with it. thanks everyone!

I'd really hesitate to do it, but I suppose it's possible. The water stresses the glass as does the drilling. Stress leads to cracking.

It'd be better to drill holes in the hood and get tubing that's a different colour. If you drill them in the tank, eventually it'll crack.

I'm sure it could be done, depending on how low you want to drill and how thick your glass is. I wouldn't though, too much to go wrong.

ok guys thanks for your response. That makes since. Ill just paint the pipes black and maybe consider a hood.

Back
Top Bottom