Drip acclimate? In a hurry.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, can I net him out after drip worried about those sharp looking dorsals! ;) he is in a fish only right now. Plan to someday attempt a reef with the lion. I posted this pick on my build thread. Yes I went backwards lol. Got a sweet deal on this guy.

If your in a hurry ( sorry didn't see that at first ), I'd just do a faster drip than normal, still better than nothing.
I would be worried about netting him too. In this case, I would probably just dump him in water and all after the drip. Maybe pour off the amount that came with him, and in he goes. There shouldn't be too much waste in 50% of the shipping water, if you picked him up yourself and he wasn't in the bag for 24 hours.

He was in the lfs tank. My buddy hooked me up. Yeah I said hurry only because he's been floating for about 30min. Wanted to start. I'm slow dripping now.

Good luck with him Ex, really cool fish!! Been thinking about a lion myself. Lost my last firefish a few months ago, so no more small guys! Maybe a Fu-Manchu??

Fu manchu is a beautiful fish, I love the beard! :) one more question for ya. If my salinity it 1.025 and the bag salinity is 1.021. Should I drip poor half out, drip half again? I've never actually done drip before. I always buy super hardy fish. I want to Doris right!

You'd definitely be safer that way. Any help bridging the gap for him will be beneficial, as long as he doesn't look too stressed in the bag ( too long )

Gotcha, well he is swimming around the bag pretty good. I'll keep a close eye on him! Thanks for your expertise!

Readingexcalibur said:
Gotcha, well he is swimming around the bag pretty good. I'll keep a close eye on him! Thanks for your expertise!
.Haha.. Good one!! Just trial and error, and I've had my fair share of both!!
Best of luck with him Ex. :)

Back
Top Bottom