Dry starting 2.2g cube, planning CRS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been waiting for this to get filled!! Looks amazing! Those baby tears are looking very thick!

Also love that moss on your tree. Is it flame moss?

29g Community

10g Betta

Yes it is! It's my favorite type of moss so far. Couldn't find it in any stores near me so I had to get it shipped.

Yes it is! It's my favorite type of moss so far. Couldn't find it in any stores near me so I had to get it shipped.

Yeah I think that's what I'm going to have to do. All I have ever found is Java moss and I love it for being moss but I wish it had a more organized growth pattern.

29g Community

10g Betta

I've never grown any other moss. Some plants growing under sub-par conditions don't grow the way they usually would, ie extra large leaves.
Is it very hard to make it perform its trademark growth pattern? ie. Flame, willow. Or does it grow that way just as naturally as any other moss. If that makes sense.

Not to jack your thread just really liking that tree!!!!! And not liking my random Java moss. It's pretty and green and all, just like messy hair lol

29g Community

10g Betta

Have either of you guys tried Taiwan moss? Got some from my LFS, that stuff grows beautifully

I've never grown any other moss. Some plants growing under sub-par conditions don't grow the way they usually would, ie extra large leaves.
Is it very hard to make it perform its trademark growth pattern? ie. Flame, willow. Or does it grow that way just as naturally as any other moss. If that makes sense.

Not to jack your thread just really liking that tree!!!!! And not liking my random Java moss. It's pretty and green and all, just like messy hair lol

I never had luck with java or willow moss, didn't matter what I did! With all the shrimp I keep I decided to try again...my new favorite is flame but I've also been successful now with Xmas and Taiwan. Interesting mosses aren't available at lfs here so I order online.

Revline u shud look into Taiwan moss I think it would look really nice considering the growth pattern....... .just a thought....
Tank looks great bud

Back
Top Bottom