dual tank stand with saltwater and fresh??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

acw90

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Sorry if this has been answered before but i havent really seen this attempted and was wondering why? At my LFS they have an aquarium stand that they are marketing or selling as a dual tank stand. My question being if I were to attempt to do a salt water on top and say a fresh water on bottom... or vice versa, would I recieve devistating results.. or could it work? Besides the fact of it being really heavy and going through the floor which i believe I have that problem sorted out.. would there be a potential danger between water contamination from one tank to the other? possibly adding unwanted salt or bacteria to the other tanks. If anyone has attempted this or accomplished it, even knew just by common knowledge if its a dumb idea it would be greatly appreciated.

You will be ok. As long as the stand claims to be a dual stand then you should be alright.

I agree that the biggest problem would be weight, if you get salt in the freshwater tank it wouldn't be enough to make a difference and it would be the same with freshwater in the salt, however servicing the tanks could be a problem, or more of a pain anyway, cool idea though

thanks for the input.. yea i would like to do the salt water on the top because i figured that it would need more maintenance than the fresh water. when i get it all goin i will put pictures up

I keep a saltwater tank above my ciclids
img_2464976_0_dc2fd7d28ec7841fa30092538e37044e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom