Dwarf gourami pop eye help???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grode15

Aquarium Advice Activist
My dwarf gouramis eye is swollen and I'm pretty sure its pop eye. Yesterday I notices my water looked green and the was this foam stuff floating around on top of the tank so I did a water change. Then I tested the water and pH was 6.8,nitrite 0,ammonia 0,nitrate was 20. Please tell me what's the best way to treat it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oh and I forgot to say the water still looks green and has foam floating on top

I also added driftwood to my tank a week ago

Here's a picture of the foamy stuff floating around my tank and sticking to the walls I'll try to get a good picture of the gouramis eye

Attachments

• 1398375346787.jpg
    1398375346787.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 108
Here's a picture of his eye

Attachments

• 1398375919150.jpg
    1398375919150.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 111
Hey! Sorry to hear this, if the water is still looking icky today i would do another water change, did you boil your wood before you added in?? If not that could be the cause of the greenish water!

And for the pop eye used this and it seemed to go away in two days☺️ goodluck! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398435286.953902.jpg

I don't have a quarantine tank for my fish so can I put the melafix right in my tank or will it just my other fish? Thanks

It wont harm your other fish at all, its all natural and helps make there fins nicer lol

Alright thanks I'm going to do a water change than go get melafix.

So I've been giving him the melafix everyday for a week now and his eye isn't getting any better. Its still swollen and red and I'm pretty sure he lost sight in it since I don't see him moving his eye around anymore. Also he seems to just stay in corners of my tank and is breathing alot harder than he usually does. Also he's eating but he does not go for the food as soon as I put it in like he usually did before the eye problem. What do you thinks wrong with him?

Well I just found my dwarf gourami dead today even after I used a whole 8 oz bottle of melafix :(

Back
Top Bottom