Dwarf Gourami - What can live with it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TripleB67

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm getting a single Dwarf Gourami and will have it as the only 'fish' in the aquarium.

I would like to add something else to the tank that will not bother the DG and the DG would leave it alone as well.

What would be compatible with the Dwarf Gourami and interesting to watch?

ie: snail, shrimp, algae eater, knifefish, dwarf frog, loach, catfish, etc

Also, is there a best 'substrate' to use with the Dwarf Gourami?

Thanks for any and all advice.

TripleB67

My research indicates the DGs are shy feeders so you won't want fast top-dwelling fish like danios. Tetras would be a good idea. Corydoras and plecos are also an option. DGs are community fish so you don't really need to worry about aggression that gouramis like the blue gouramis display.

My research indicates the DGs are shy feeders so you won't want fast top-dwelling fish like danios.

Thanks for your input.

I think I read somewhere that the Dwarf Gourami will stay in the middle to the top of the tank. That's one of the reason that my list contained mainly bottom feeders...since the Dwarf Gourami will be the only "fish" in the aquarium I thought it might be nice to have the DG swimming around the middle/top and one (or more?) of the others at the bottom.

TripleB67

D.Gs are peaceful I have glo fish in with mine reproductive snails and a rubber lipped pleco.I have heard that blue rams will do fine.There are a lot of options.Angels,any tetras.

You could do a sand substrate and stock with:
1 dwarf gourami
4 pygmy Cories
5 chilli Rasboras
5 cherry shrimp

Back
Top Bottom