Dwarf Guarami not looking so good

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sbland26

Aquarium Advice Regular
Today I noticed my Dwarf Guarami hanging out in the top corner of the tank, normally he is swimming around constantly. He eventually went to the bottom and now he just slowly finds different areas to sit in. His face has lost color and looks all spotty with gray.

20 Gallon Planted
5 Neon Tetras
5 Rosbora Harlequin
2 Otocinclus
2 Khuli Loaches
1 Dwarf Guarami

Parameters
pH was high I think (inserted picture)
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 20 or a little higher

All other fish are acting normal. Added a pH regulator powder and going to do a water change tomorrow morning. Can the pH do this to them?

Attachments

• image-173985357.jpg
    image-173985357.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 61
  • image-3246444002.jpg
    image-3246444002.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 67
I feed them flakes twice a day and every couple days I put frozen brine shrimp instead of flakes. I have had the DG for about 3 weeks.

I feed them flakes twice a day and every couple days I put frozen brine shrimp instead of flakes. I have had the DG for about 3 weeks.

He shouldn't be stressed then. From that one picture, it looks like he's got plenty of cover. Unless you have night feeders (sorry not familiar with some of your fish), go to feeding once a day. See if he'll eat a blanched pea.

Is feeding once a day going to be enough? Also what's that pea your talking about?

Blanched pea. Take a frozen pea. Put in real hot water for about two minutes. Take out and put in cold water for about a minute. Peel the shell off. Scoop the pea guts out with a toothpick. Stick it in the water. The guts will either fall off the toothpick or you'll have to hold it for a bit. Or you could just knock it off the toothpick, I guess.

Blanched peas help digestion and help clear up constipation and bloating.

Once a day is fine. I feed mine once a day with an occasional rare treat. A lot of that has to do with he's a cranky jerkwad and bites me all the time. So I tell him no treats tonight. Lol.

Fish don't have really big stomachs. About the size of their eye. They don't need to eat a lot unless they're a few weeks old.

Let me know if he eats the pea. Mine when he spontaneously bloated decided he would rather play football with it than eat it.

Alrighty I will definitely try it. I'll give it to him after i do a water change tomorrow and let you know if he eats it. Hope he's not stubborn!! Lol

Blanched pea. Take a frozen pea. Put in real hot water for about two minutes. Take out and put in cold water for about a minute. Peel the shell off. Scoop the pea guts out with a toothpick. Stick it in the water. The guts will either fall off the toothpick or you'll have to hold it for a bit. Or you could just knock it off the toothpick, I guess.

Blanched peas help digestion and help clear up constipation and bloating.

Once a day is fine. I feed mine once a day with an occasional rare treat. A lot of that has to do with he's a cranky jerkwad and bites me all the time. So I tell him no treats tonight. Lol.

Fish don't have really big stomachs. About the size of their eye. They don't need to eat a lot unless they're a few weeks old.

Let me know if he eats the pea. Mine when he spontaneously bloated decided he would rather play football with it than eat it.

+1 agree

Alrighty I will definitely try it. I'll give it to him after i do a water change tomorrow and let you know if he eats it. Hope he's not stubborn!! Lol

If you can put you hand in the water to do anything, yours is much more behaved than mine is. I swear that fish wants to assassinate me now that I touched his plants. He's working his way into time-out now. Lol. Geronica knows the torture that jerkwad fish puts me through.

If you can put you hand in the water to do anything, yours is much more behaved than mine is. I swear that fish wants to assassinate me now that I touched his plants. He's working his way into time-out now. Lol. Geronica knows the torture that jerkwad fish puts me through.

lol he's mischievous :ROFLMAO:

Well of course I wake up today with no city water. There was a main break and ALL the water from the water tower leaked out and they STILL have not fixed it so for now they are living with the water they have. Lol

I did notice last night he was very bloated and today it appears to have gone down a bit. He's floating around more and occasionally swims to the other side so I think he is getting better. The pH has decreased a bit from the neutralizer. All is well so far but I feel I need to do a water change and can't at the moment.

Attachments

• image-3868027237.jpg
    image-3868027237.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 45
Well I'm sad to report that Larry (my DG) has passed away last night.

Back
Top Bottom