Dwarf Hairgrass help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Junyor

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi There Guys:
I know this topic has been talked here before but I need your opinion in my specific case to see what I'm doing wrong.

I started a nano cube 10g planted tank, I have a Bonsai driftwood with Christmas Moss, I have Anubias petite and for carpet I added dwarf hairgrass, the DH is starting to turn brown, I have ecocomplete substrate and CaribSea SuperNatural in top of it, I'm using DIY Co2 in a Stainless Steel pressurized tank, I'm also using fluval Led 3.0 nano lamp in the Planted Preset. I started to put root tabs to see how it goes.

Am I missing something? Any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks

Almost every plant you buy from the store will have been grown out of water. When plants are placed underwater their carbon dioxide supply is severely reduced. In order to ensure they can be as efficient as possible at taking up this new level of carbon dioxide the plant must engineer new leaves. They are often thinner and completely different in appearance to the leaves they grow when out of water.

It’s tough to tell with grass but the brown spikes are most likely old emersed leaves that have been rejected. The plant will now grow new leaves. How much carbon dioxide is in the water will dictate the pace in which the plant can carry out this process. Sometimes the first attempt at new leaves are not perfected so they appear crooked, small and pale. If you wait long enough the plant will eventually begin to grow and spread.

Right now you should be looking for NEW blades sprouting up from the substrate. Again this may take quite some time so be patient.

The old leaves will most likely become overtaken with algae. Trim them down.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom