dwarf seahorses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brettcp97

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Im getting a 3 gal picotope and a mated pair of dwarf seahorses, but i have a 12 gal nano with a clown and a damsel in it. I was wandering if i could them together. (also with a small anemone) please help! If i can,should i put some seagrass for them to latch onto. I've looked all of this stuff up but i cant find an aswer to this question. :?:

Seahorses really should be kept by themselves - they are slow movers and cannot compete well for food. The damsel and clown could cause damage. The seagrass would probably work as hitches for them.

Seahorse.org is a great site to learn more about your new additions. I dont own any myself, but was considering it and therefore have done quite a bit of research. Feel free to ask if you have more questions.

EDIT: Here's a link from that site about keeping dwarf seahorses: http://www.seahorse.org/library/articles/dwarfguide/dwarfguide.shtml

Last edited:
they should be really kept by themselves. Dwarf seahorses are difficult to care for and eat only live brine shrimp, twice a day. This means growing your own shrimp because your LFS might not have it all the time. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom