Dying Brain coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Faucett

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys and gals, I've had my 75g for 2 years and do monthly water changes. With in the last two to three weeks my trech brain coral, which is typically greatly enlarged, has been shriveled and has lost a lot of its call. I have had the same lights for over a year (LEDs) so I know it's not that.

My parameters are good:
Alk 8.6
Calc 390 (little low)
Salinity 1.025
Nitrates 0
Phosphates 0

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400446062.408066.jpg

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on? I've had this coral for years with no problems even when the tank parameters were off.

What is the ph and temp?

Have you introduced anything new to the tank?

Ph was 8.2 and I have introduced several sps corals two of which have died in the last week

Was the introduction of the sps the only change you've made in the past few months?

I had low Alk for a week or two but it never got below 7.7 and the change wasnt abrupt it was over time. I dipped it as we'll I figured maybe it had a tear in it, but no such luck

Is there any visual tissue recession? If not just observe it another week.

During deflation at the end of the day near dark it does show a tiny bit. This is what concerns me because I know typically that means it's only going to recess worse. I'll try and spot feed again tonight...

Maybe someone with experience with this specific type of coral can chime in.

Back
Top Bottom