Dying fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i know this may sound crazy but do u use a lot of air freshener around the room that the tank is in. if so the perfumes can permeate the water and air system and kill them slowly

I spray deodrant in there sometimes apart from that i use an airfreshner in a pot thing i dont spay any around

Im really stumped at what it can be

Do a water change every week and use declorinzor, the temp is 28 degrees

Im really lost at what is happening im tempted buy a new tank

you are boiling your shrimp at 82 degrees farenheit.. shrimp are cold water. your water is too hot..if you are not keeping discus or cichlids then turn down the temp.

i know this may sound crazy but do u use a lot of air freshener around the room that the tank is in. if so the perfumes can permeate the water and air system and kill them slowly

Personally i'm doing this with topless tank, and no dies recently...

Hi i shake the bottle till my arm aches like hell haha

I got the reading wrong i tested nitrate when i got home and got a reading around 20-40 ppm

Yeah I understand. You can tap the bottle on a hard surface too. A lot of people on this forum give 0 on nitrates, but that's impossible. I had this issue before I knew it.

Fish constantly release ammonia into water, that will soon be converted to nitrites then to nitrates. So for sure you have at least 0.1ppm nitrates if u have > 0 fish. It's possible to have 0 nitrates only by changing 100% of the water. My tank is very heavy planted and I never less than 5ppm - 10ppm.

Before your fish dies, do they look healthy ? Do they die after a water change ? Temp change stress fish. DOes your PH is stable ? Unstable PH stress a lot fishs.

you are boiling your shrimp at 82 degrees farenheit.. shrimp are cold water. your water is too hot..if you are not keeping discus or cichlids then turn down the temp.

My amano shrimp seen happy enough in the tank i read that they should be in a temp between 60 to 80

Back
Top Bottom