dying yellow tang?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davidmaguirre

Aquarium Advice Activist
I started my tank with this tang and he was always very hardy but today it seemed very slow and wouldn't eat and stayed near the floor/: anyways I don't see him any more and I think he might have died but y!?): my parameters are perfect and everything it showed no signs of white dots aka ich..Anyways, i can't find it because I have so much live rock and I can't tear it apart because I have some corals growing and also I don't want to stress my fish out.. I have a 125 gallon and the yellow tang is like 3 inches. Is it bad to leeve it in the tank if I can't find it? Will this effect the tank by a lot? Please give me some info asap! Thanku!

Please post your actual water parameters, saying "they're perfect" doesn't help much. How old is the tank, what other fish do you have in there, and when did you add them all and how many? What were you feeding it? Leaving it in there if it is dead will cause an ammonia spike which will harm/irritate any coral you have.

The tank has been set up for 3 years I have a koran angel, 2 damsels, 2 clowns, and a solar wrasse. I added the yellow tang, Koran Angel, 2 clowns and 2 damsels when i upgraded my 55 gallon to a 125 gallon tank 3 years ago. They have all been doing fine besides my fox face i added about a month ago and it died about a week ago but i took it out and it had no signs of ich. The solar wrasse was added when I added the foxface. The solar wrasse is doing great. I feed them a variety and I feed them once a day. I feed them flake food, mysis shrimp, and brine. my ph is 8.2 alkalinity is 7 ammonia is near 0 nitrates are near 0 phosphates are areound .13 calcium is 400.

Back
Top Bottom