Eco Complete

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What's cool is I've had the filter running in my 55 for about three months. So I don't expect I'll have much of a cycle anyway maybe a day or so.

I didn't notice any spikes when I swapped my substrate to eco.

I just set up a new 56 gallon with it. I'm going to start a tread soon. But so far no ammonia at all. It's only been two days and the filter is well seasoned so I don't expect I will see a spike.

Humm well I just tested it and I do have some ammonia in there. Not a lot but enough to turn my test slightly green.

That's not bad at all. I had a major spike; although what I did was instructed against in the back of the bag and I hadn't read it until days later.

I covered a gravel bed with the Eco-complete. I guess at they time the gravel must have been giving me a large portion if my bio-filtration. The instructions actually said to mix the gravel with the substrate little by little over a few days. I did it all at once and covered the gravel entirely because I wanted the black look.

jimenezlee said:
That's not bad at all. I had a major spike; although what I did was instructed against in the back of the bag and I hadn't read it until days later.

I covered a gravel bed with the Eco-complete. I guess at they time the gravel must have been giving me a large portion if my bio-filtration. The instructions actually said to mix the gravel with the substrate little by little over a few days. I did it all at once and covered the gravel entirely because I wanted the black look.

I did the exact same thing! Took alot of effort to keep it undercontrol! Haha

I have found that it helped level out some of my numbers. I've been using it for a few years now. It is a little short on fe3 so you may wish to consider tabs for or an additive.

Only thing of note is I've notice it is a PH buffer.

Update: used Eco in new tank with Amazon Swords and Vals all are growing well with pressurized CO2. Added dwarf cichlids and angels and have had two hatches of cichlid fry. No spikes with parameters and love the look with black sub.

Congrats on the successful spawns. Time to get some more demanding plants in there! ;)

Back
Top Bottom