Ecoxotic Panorama Pro's on 12G Nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

betta4me

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello, I'm thinking about replacing the stock lighting with one Panaroma Pro LED strip white/blue and one all blue stunner strip. Would this be enough light for this size reef? I have a few leathers in there right now and don't plan on getting crazy with coral. Maybe some zoas, a frogspawn and a few mushrooms within the next couple months.
My reasoning for changing out the lights aside from the cost savings is to hopefully bring the temp down a couple degrees in the tank. Will I achieve this and is it possible to install the new lights and keep my fans running? If anyone has installed these lights on a JBJ 12 DX and kept their fans and stock LEDs how did you it?

Thank you in advance for your help and guidance.

Yes you can use LEDs and grow corals (I would research what colors you will need and how much) I've also heard that LEDs kinda fade out the color of corals at times. Now things like a leather coral that wouldn't matter. it's just something to think about. As far as the fans go I'll Assume they just turn on with the lights so as long as you don't cut the wires should work like normal.

Thanks, I'm trying to find out if the two lights I have mentioned will be enough for my current stock and future stock plans or should I get more lighting than that?

Yes if you got the 12" ones I think the panoramas are 18w and the stunners are 6w so 24w of led over a 12g tank would be fine, id say it would look great, if you had any doubt just get two of the panoramas.

Back
Top Bottom