Nano B - 16G Bowfront

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Changing up the SW tank I have to a smaller footprint.

16G bowfront a friend was using awhile back, was returned, and until I can decide which slightly larger tank I should get, I will be using this one.

Just rinsed out the tank today and got the sand last week. CaribSea Aragalive Fiji Pink.

My 7+ year old Yellow Clown Goby plus my 1 couple or 3 year old Lightning Maroon x Gold Nugget Clown Fish will be the fish inhabitants.

There is a Nicrew A30 pendant reef light.

Have LR from my 50G tank.

Planning to get a 4 or 5 pack of Rock Flower Anemones from my lfs when they restock. Some sexy Shrimp and or a Pom Pom Crab.

Since it is so small, maybe a few kinds of macro algae like Carpeting Halimeda (Halimeda Opuntia), Mermaids fan or Pencil or Christmas Tree, Flame and Red Gracilaria, and Ulva. I think I still have some Chaeto.

Have about 10 seedling, rooted with about 2-4 leaves Red Mangroves. These came in about a month ago and trying to decide what to do with them. They are in a big square vase with some Brightwell Aquatics FlorinVolcanit Rio Escuro-F and a small circulation pump.

Next weekend will try and get it put together.

Also want to find someone with dwarf Brittle Stars.

Only have pics of the Mangroves right now. And older pics of the fish.

60074-albums14864-picture72910.jpg

60074-albums14864-picture72914.jpg

60074-albums14864-picture72911.jpg

60074-albums13960-picture72210.jpg

60074-albums13960-picture72208.jpg

60074-albums13960-picture72673.jpg

Last edited:
Not enough time so far to make any progress.

Found that the hard water evaporation lines in the bottom 6 inches of the tank didn't disappear with cleaning / rinsing out. So will try the magic eraser tomorrow.

Yes, this was a FW tank so really looks clean for the most part. There is a crack on the top cover glass which connects to the hinged opening plastic top where the light would normally sit. Otherwise I bought it previously owned but never used, so new 10 years ago.

My stand holds a 24G bowfront which I was going to buy, but got the 16G back from my friend, so it seems a bit small on top but it only cost $20. And that make this project very low cost.

So I can maybe buy the rock flower pack of 4, or 5 if he gives the the old sale price. I will be visiting the shop locally this week to see what there is available and coming in.

There really has been a large crush on spare time lately around here to be sure.

Found I was all out of new magic erasers, and will need to grab some tomorrow or Wednesday.

Back
Top Bottom