ecoxotic Stunner LED Strips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bootz

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was going to get a 453nm blue to suppliment my marineland "reef capable" light just to really bring out the colors of the greens. will there be any other benefits of adding this little strip because i cant seem to find a par reading or anything. Thanks

I don't believe they are much besides fancy lights. go for the panorama pro modules

yeah i wanted more blue to really make the colors pop the marineland only offers the model i have with like 4. i was kinda looking for a more economical supplement to my 453nm blue

bootz said:
yeah i wanted more blue to really make the colors pop the marineland only offers the model i have with like 4. i was kinda looking for a more economical supplement to my 453nm blue

It's important for more than corals glowing, some of the corals photosynthetic activity happens in this band as well. LEDs are pretty narrow spectrum while MH makes infra red and UV light, so with the LEDs you need to be sure to have the blue part of the spectrum covered.

francis said:
I don't believe they are much besides fancy lights. go for the panorama pro modules

There are as many as two dozen manufacturers of panels now, some Do it Yourself. Look for panels that have good cooling systems as that controls how long the emitters last. Higher wattage means more heat to dissipate in the fixture. Nothing wrong with 1, 2 or 3 watt emitters as they are generally the same part, just driven with a higher current. Cree emitters in the 6 watt range are also popular. New multi-led chips in 10-100 watt range are now out, but they should have supplemental blue spectrum support as they are rated at 6000K.

francis said:

I actually have two to grow corals in my tank and they are working wonders. Believe it or not, the panorama modules are made up if Eco exotic pro modules and stunner strips

Ibrahim said:
I actually have two to grow corals in my tank and they are working wonders. Believe it or not, the panorama modules are made up if Eco exotic pro modules and stunner strips

More success stories about LEDs now a days. The technology is maturing nicely and will eventually outrun MH and fluorescents by a sizable margin.

There are as many as two dozen manufacturers of panels now, some Do it Yourself. Look for panels that have good cooling systems as that controls how long the emitters last. Higher wattage means more heat to dissipate in the fixture. Nothing wrong with 1, 2 or 3 watt emitters as they are generally the same part, just driven with a higher current. Cree emitters in the 6 watt range are also popular. New multi-led chips in 10-100 watt range are now out, but they should have supplemental blue spectrum support as they are rated at 6000K.

the only reason i stated make the colors pop is because i am currently and successfully growing corals that require low - moderate light which is basically all the marine reef capable light puts out. but would like to add for aesthetic purposes a little more blue to the tank and i was curious if there would be any benefit to supplementing my light with the stunner strip cause i could not find any of the readings i was looking for i.e the par

bootz said:
the only reason i stated make the colors pop is because i am currently and successfully growing corals that require low - moderate light which is basically all the marine reef capable light puts out. but would like to add for aesthetic purposes a little more blue to the tank and i was curious if there would be any benefit to supplementing my light with the stunner strip cause i could not find any of the readings i was looking for i.e the par

What size tank do you have?

25 gallon bowed front. its approximately 2 feet long, a little over a foot deep and like 20 inches tall

bootz said:
25 gallon bowed front. its approximately 2 feet long, a little over a foot deep and like 20 inches tall

Yep go with an Eco exotic stunner 24" and reflector. You'll be amazed. The rims of my Zoa's glow.

additionally, how does it work a a moonlight because i actually think the marineland is too bright for a moonlight. because the light was designed for both the blues for day and really look alittle too bright at nighttime does not mimic that dark blue produced at a real reef

bootz said:
additionally, how does it work a a moonlight because i actually think the marineland is too bright for a moonlight. because the light was designed for both the blues for day and really look alittle too bright at nighttime does not mimic that dark blue produced at a real reef

It's not really a moon light unless used on a large and longer tank.

Back
Top Bottom