EHEIM CHATTER, IMPELLER OR AIR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HOUTEX

Aquarium Advice Newbie
WE HAVE AN EHEIM 2213 THAT CONTINUOSLY CHATTERS. I HAVE REMOVED THE IMPELLER, SHAFT ASSEMBLY, AND THE WEDGE. I HAVE ALSO CLEANED ALL THE CAVITIES AND REASSEMBLED. IT STILL CHATTERS. THE SHAFT, IMPELLER, AND SHAFT HOLDER RUBBER DOO DADS ALL SEEM FINE. COULD IT POSSIBLY BE AIR THAT IS CAUSING THE CHATTER AND IF SO WHAT IS THE PROPER WAY TO GET RID OF THIS CHATTER. THANKS FOR ANY IDEAS........HOUTEX.

Try tipping the filter back and forth a bit. You should hear the bubbles getting sucked up by the impeller, and the air should come out the return line. I have to do this every time I clean my filters... self priming my 4$$! =)

same problem

I have the same problem too. My eheim has been working fine for years, and then all of a sudden, yesterday we had a short power outtage. When this happened, my eheim is now chattering like mad. Arghhh...

I took hte filter all apart tonight and cleaned everything up. I put it back together, and still chatters. Took it apart again to re-prime it (opened the output and then opened the input so it would push all the air out). Turned it back on and it still chatters. Arghhh...

So, any ideas of what this might be? The impeller? I shook the caniser around a little bit and air bubbles did come out...but I kept doing this for awhile. I've never had any problmes like this before!

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom