Eheim "style" canister on Ebay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coyne

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I see these Eheim "style" canister filters on EBay made by a company named Jebao. They are super inexpensive, but does this mean theyre super cheap?
They look like an Eheim and use the same filter pads as an Eheim. The seller has 100% positive feedback.

Has anybody taken the plunge and tried one of these out? Did it blow up on you or is it working well? Its REALLY tempting only spend $85 on a 320 gph "Eheim" canister, but not if it doesnt work.

I read that they work fine & no problems. I know that doesnt help much so maybe someone might come in that is using one. On a side note on C.list I waited to long to call (Couldnt find the ad today) about a eheim 2260 for $250 and only 4month old. Still kicking myself on that!!! Back to your topic....(y)

Most of the review Im finding for Jebao brand canstisters are 6-8 years old :blink:

That said... they are pretty good reviews and dont seem to be terrible. Some folks occasionally bring up little issues, but I see that with Eheim, Marineland and Fluval brands as well.

Im starting to seriously consider it, but Im going to wait and see if somebody posts a dealbreaker.

If I'm not wrong the older eheim filters like the pro 1 and classics are now made in china so it was only a matter of time before a copy came onto the market

I see people saying that these cheap filters have lasted 6 years well in not even sure if they have been on the market that long

That said if you can get spare parts for it easy then why not take the risk

I don't cut corners on filtration as it is the kidney of your tank and if it stops working everything dies

Things like filters and heaters I buy from my local store as if they stop working I can get them exchanged in a few hours not a week if you have to post it back then wait for a replacement

You make a good point. I hadnt considered ease of finding replacement parts. I could always leave my HOB on for backup, but one of the reasons I want a canister is to reduce the noise.

I did a quick search for "Jebao Canister filter parts" and a brand called Jebo comes up instead, which I believe is a different Chinese knock off company from what I was reading prior.

Back
Top Bottom