electric blue lobster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tarpon

Aquarium Advice Addict
I saw one of these at my lfs and they're beautiful.
Is it safe in a community tank? I have 9 corys and a pleco

They are not safe in community tanks. Your fish can be "safer" if they are fast enough to avoid the crayfish. They will also destroy your plants.

I can't remember. If they get 6in, then 20gal would be good. If it gets around 3inch, then 10gal is ok. There are different varieties of blue crayfish, and its been a while since I researched them.

Can I keep different species of shrimp with an electric blue? Or would it obliterate them?

As long as the other shrimps aren't invading blue's territory, then its ok. Most likely, blue will own the whole bottom floor of your tank. No room for anything else on the bottom. Make sure you get a lot of tank floor for blue because they get really big.

Oh alright. I was thinking of mayhe getting a tank for one by itself. Or with a few fast fish or hatchetfish.

Trying to decide between that. And a shrimp tank

I have a blue and a white. Had them in with our oscars in a 125. Got rid of the oscars and now the 2 have a 125 to themselves for a bit. They will be going in our cichlid tank where they've been before and got along fine. But they have lots of hiding spots

There are many colors of crayfish. I've seen white, blue, orange, marbled, red, brown.

Holllly crud. That sounds amazing.
I guess they originally find those colors as a mutation in the wild and then they breed more of the same color in captivity?

Back
Top Bottom