Electric yellow cichlid fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishguy1997

Aquarium Advice Freak
So yesterday my electric yellow Cichlid released fry from her mouth I have a total of 6 from her that's all she was holding..... I currently have them in a half gallon tank I set up a 1 gallon for them that I will put them in tommorow and i was wondering if I need gravel for the tank or just plants?

image-173851185.jpg

Attachments

• image-1623431111.jpg
    image-1623431111.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 76
you dont really need gravel, they will benefit from hiding places. but other then that you dont really need much

you'll want to keep it the same temperature as your tank that holds your yellow labs, you may need a heater depending on the temperature of your house. another way to keep a small tank warm is by wrapping it in blankets to keep heat in

it will keep it at a steady temp as long as your house stays at a steady temp. if you have a light on the tank it will also drop a few degrees at night when you turn it off but nothing to worry about.

Wow only 6? I wonder if the spawn was interrupted...My Electric Blues' first successful spawn had a yield of over 50 fry...way more than expected. I have sand in the tank housing my fry, but since yours is temporary, you probably don't need it :D

Back
Top Bottom