elegance coral problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2revup

Aquarium Advice Activist
hi guys i have an elegance coral and have had it for quite some time, however in the last month its not been looking to well, i wasnt worred at first because i hot haildes from NO lights, so i didnt expect to see it for a little but now it looks as though its dying.
below is what it use to look like and now
its dosnt come out

img_718578_0_e909d3537e305505f2354176eb9ec228.jpg

its placement is middle and there is medium flow and obvoulsy alot of light. I also have had a small torch die (but that i think is for other reasons had a BTA walk all over it )
i have tested my water its perfect
amm 0
nitrate 0
nitrite 0
cal 330 give or take (i know its low)
copper = 0

i dont know what to do, i really wanna help this before it dyes i love this coral.
please help guys.
Thanks

IDK what is wrong with it...but a buddy of mine has one that's got tenacles about 8" long. Pretty awesome. I'll see if I can ask him about it, maybe he can tell you what is wrong with it.

All I know is that Elegance Coral is normally one of the most difficult to keep in a aquarium.

Do you have a current pic of the coral? Is it not expanding or is the tissue actually recessing from the skeleton? You mentioned a change in lighting...did you photo-acclimate thetank tohte new light? This is one of the harder to keep corals, mainly due to the fact it does not respond well to collection or transport. I have had mine for a couple of years now with no problems. This coral seems to be very prone to brown jelly infection. If that is the case, you will see a brown gel-type discharge from the coral. It usually happens very rapidly.

Do you have a current pic of the coral? Is it not expanding or is the tissue actually recessing from the skeleton? You mentioned a change in lighting...did you photo-acclimate thetank tohte new light? This is one of the harder to keep corals, mainly due to the fact it does not respond well to collection or transport. I have had mine for a couple of years now with no problems. This coral seems to be very prone to brown jelly infection. If that is the case, you will see a brown gel-type discharge from the coral. It usually happens very rapidly.

It wasnt expanding, and now some of it has started to come away from its skelton...
yeh it was aclimitised.
no brown gel either.
its very very sad i dont want to loose this coral its beautiful, + i cant bear loosing corals fish etc, it upsets me.
I will do almost anything to get this back to the way it was.
img_719001_0_9f828e70f8bb0912589630a4047e1be5.jpg

Boy, that does not look good. the tissue ression is not a gret sign. My only suggestion is to move it to the substrate and put its cone in the san bed. See what happens...

This has been done... but there are no changes... will this foul up my tank, if i leave it in there :(

Yes they could foul up your tank if it goes too long in the tank. Just keep a close eye on the situation.

Back
Top Bottom