Emerald?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cox82

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was told this is of the emerald species. What do you think?

Attachments

• new7.jpg
    new7.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 108
I found it! It's a Petrolisthes bolivarensis. Supposedly it was just given it's own name in 2002 and aren't so common. They are reef safe and not aggressive. They have appendages in front of their mouths which look like scoops, make out of fin-type material. Very neat to watch! I got it for the same price as the emeralds, wondering if this was a good deal?

My emerald doesn't look like that! Hes all green claws are just a shade darker than his body

Yes, I realised that, but wasn't sure if there was a possiblity that they could've been from the same species. Anyways, I found my answer.

Ok I didn't know if what I said was enough help but I'd figure I'd try. :)

Nice. My porcelain got shanked by my banded coral shrimp. It was cool while it lasted.
Next time you might want to do more research. Most all the things week keep in our sw tanks come from the wild and don't ask to be put in our tanks so we can watch them suffer.

Next time you might want to do more research. Most all the things week keep in our sw tanks come from the wild and don't ask to be put in our tanks so we can watch them suffer.

Yes, I agree, thanks for the scolding! :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom