Emergency? Please help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ella_e

Aquarium Advice Regular
So being a resident of staten island, most of the electricity is still not on. Luckily for me I had a generator and soon after y electricity went back on. My lfs (my job) was not so lucky. They are alternating turnkng on various tank systems, several at a time. So i volunteered to take home a few anemone and fish. Trying to acclimate them using a drip. My tank water temp is 79 F, the water they are in is 68. Any advice as to have them not die from freezing?

Or alternatively from shocking them with temp change?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wrap the tanks in blankets/sleeping bags anything to hold the heat, cover the tops to lesson heat loss A mirror to reflect sun on the tanks will help warm them also A very slow drip will let the fish adjust to the warmer temps

Very slow is the key. Let the water come up in temp very gradually. No need for bliankets etc since you have power.

After 4 hours, they are all in my tank. Sigh. Mission complete. The two clownfish are convulsing (mating sign(?)) the rest of the fish are hiding. And pretty sure the tang is suffering from hemorrhage.

Thats great what you did but I think it would have been better to house them in a separate tank. A stressed out Tang will probably end up with a MI outbreak or other diseases or other issues.. Im sure the shop could have given you a tank, equipment to set up a new tank.

Back
Top Bottom