Emergency!!!! Urgent Help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jedihunter

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all!
I need Urgent Help the two overflow chambers in my tank have internal leaks.

Overflows are made from acrylic and tank is 100% glass,one leak is at the middle (in range) of left overflow but the other is at the bottom of the right overflow which is unreachable due to height.

Any suggestion for a quick underwater sealant? any idea?
Sorry to tell but its not an option emptying the tank because all my live rock is there.

thanks for any help!!
:(
JH

I think there is an Epoxy (reef safe) that binds rocks together. It might work. Other thatn that I don't know of anything else you could use. You may have to get a few rubbermaid tubs to hold your lr durring the fix

Nothing else comes to mind here either. I would try the epoxy although I think you'll find that it won't stick to the glass or the acrylic. I'm thinking, to get a permanent fix, you're going to have to drain the tank and reseal the overflows with silicone. :(

silicone may cure underwater, but it doesnt stick to anything that is wet. I have tried to seal house gutters with only a bit of water left and it doesn't work.

Thanks all for your assistance, i had to buy 6 very big containers.

but leaking is history.

shame i lost like 20 gal of water.

JH

Back
Top Bottom