Evaporation issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Garrett706

Aquarium Advice Freak
Last month I replaced my koralia 750 powerheads with 850s and I've been noticing a lot more evaporation.

They are both pointing the same way the old ones were, but my temp in the tank has risen about three degrees thanks to our lovely weather here in central California .

Is the higher flow rate or the slight increase in temperature the cause ( the DT stays at 75.5 ) and obviously no ATO nor am I wanting to add one

If it is warmer around you with summer approaching, that could explain it. But I can also point at the increased movement at the water's surface to increase evaporation, which sounds much more likely.

More capacity power head has more heat dissipation. Increasing surface agitation also increases water evaporation. However, ambient temperature contributes to your tank temp too.

Warmer water, warmer air, low humidity, more surface agitation...they all add up

Thank you all for your input... It hasn't happened yet but has anyone noticed an increase in humidity in their house and if so what have you done to counter it.

I am in California too and I am experiencing the same thing but it's not too bad with water temp at 81 deg. A chiller will cool it down and reduce evaporation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom